Prague, a city which has to be seen to be believed. Travelling from the airport, through the suburbs and old apartment blocks, nothing can prepare you for the stunning beauty of Prague’s uniquely preserved historical centre, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Our experts here at Millington Travel believe everybody should visit at least once. Prague has all the ingredients, a castle, a river, wonderful people and amazing architecture. The old town sits on a bend in the Vltava River, overlooked by the Castle, and is a truly magnificent sight. A stroll down one of Prague’s many cobbled side streets is a delight with hundreds of shops, cafes, pubs and basement restaurants! Cross over the Charles Bridge to Mala Strana and climb up to the castle for views which are breathtaking.
Millington Travel’s Top 10 things to see and do in Prague
- Charles Bridge – Take a stroll across the famous stone bridge and pause to take in the breathtaking views.
- The Astronomical Clock – This ancient time piece comes alive with the procession of the Twelve Apostles.
- Church of Our Lady before Tyn – Also in the Old Town Square you can’t miss this it as the towers are 260ft high.
- Prague Castle – The largest intact castle in the world. It is beautifully lit at night and well worth a visit!
- Wenceslas Square – Prague main city square is actually a street and is the shopping and nightlife heart of the city.
- St Vitus Cathedral – The largest and most important church in Prague dominates the skyline.
- Mala Strana – Across the Charles Bridge the ‘Little Quarter’ sits beneath the castle and is a maze of cobbled streets, full of hidden gems.
- Vysehrad – An ancient hilltop fort on the River bank offers fine views and a deep insight into the history of the Czech capital.
- Church of St Nicholas – Mozart once played the organ here. A great looking church from the outside and breathtaking on the inside.
- Wallenstein Palace Gardens – One of Mala Strana’s hidden gems. Visit for a breather in spring or summer on your way back down from the Castle.
When to go?